Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Shining Halloween Treat

So you love the shining and you love After Effects 3D. Whatever will you do to combine the two:

First:

I grabbed a pic of the Grady Twins and masked out the ugly crappy hotel hall from the movie.

I grabbed another hotel hallway and created a vanishing point in Photoshop to make it 3D.

Pull both of those badboys into after effects. I started out with my lights. I made an ambient navy light that would flash on an off still leaving some deep blue shadows. Then I placed a spot light at the light fixture in the picture. Made it point down and out towards the camera. I put a camera in there and dollied it forward while playing with the orientation to make the hallway rotate a little bit. I also added a bit of wiggle to give it a slight handheld effect with a magnitude of 6. From there I just added the Grady twins in and leashed them to the camera. I set some opacity key frames to make them ghost like and there you have it.

A new shining scene.



Shining Hallway from William Maddox on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. i like the flickering lights a lot and the twins, appearing and disappearing. if you add a little music, i bet it'll be really scary!

    ReplyDelete