Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I love the puppet tool

So this guy in the America hot air balloon is totally going to die...  

This was a fun little project.  I got several hot air balloons, a few of which I did not use.  Used a mask to cut them out, and smoothed to refine the shape.  Then I got a picture of Austrian Alp background, and put a lens blur on it.  

I originally wanted to do a hot air balloon race, but didn't think that it would make use of some of the more advanced animation features.  

I think the temporal idea behind this is that balloons are constantly changing in speed depending on the wind.  

I did all of the movement with scale and position.  I pushed the anchor point out of the composition to make it huge in the ground and chug its way across the screen.  Once I had all of the key frames set, I got in the graph editor and started playing with the curves to make it decelerate as it got further away from the camera. 

Then came the puppet tool.  When I saw it for the first time, I knew it would work perfectly on a balloon. So i set 10 pins in the balloon and went to the end of my timeline and scrunched it up to blow up this guys balloon.  All that is missing is a crash, scream, explosion.  






Untitled from William Maddox on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. This would be so great with sound. Regardless, very nice work.

    ReplyDelete