Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pac Man folly

So I wanted to make a video game for my simple animation, and I felt like with the tools we learned the best option was Pac Man. There isn't that much to this one. I found this picture on google and threw it into photoshop. In there I made a mask over the whole thing. Lassoed the characters and made a new layer via copy. Then I cut out the path I wanted them to take and filled in where the characters were with black. You can see that its a little messy around the bottom where the blue ghost starts. Then I saved that background and used it as my background in after effects. I also cut Pac Man in half, so that I could do the "chomp" rotation.

So in After Effects.

I threw my background in, and then my characters. I animated the ghosts movements first and just used the position tool to get them where I wanted them, and checked to make sure they stayed in the lines. I watched it a couple of times and adjusted the speeds. Then came pac man. I used the rotation on both layers of pacman and had to checkerboard my copy pastes or else the timing wouldn't match up. Then I would drop the opacity out of the dots pac man was moving over as I animated him.

The end.

I wish I had the music.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! It completely looks like a capture from the game.

    ReplyDelete